Thursday, November 14, 2013
Happy Holidays from SRU Softball Team
Happy Holidays to everyone! This past week the Slippery Rock softball team came together to do community service. We decided to do Operation Christmas which is when we put boxes of peresents together and send them to different countries. This is nice to do as a team because we are all volunteering to sent presents to children who are less fortunate. Just imagining the children's faces when they open their presents is just exciting. We also decorated a christmas tree filled with softball ornaments. With the holidays right around the corner, we were able to come together as a team and help others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is awesome that you do this! It makes me think that there are really good and thoughtful people in this world. I hope you and your team do this every year because there are so many people out there that don't get to celebrate the Holidays like we do. I hope you and your team have an awesome time doing this!
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing gesture you and your team have completed. I can only imagine the faces of the children when they open the box and those awesome toys are all ready to be played with. I can relate in a similar experience, my team has also done some good for these upcoming holidays. We decided to "adopt" two little girls. Now when I say adopt, I am saying we adopted the tasks to buy them some presents. It was so amazing to be together as a team and know we are making a couple little girls christmas just absolutely magical.
ReplyDelete